Town Beautification Program
Under the Council Plan 2013-2017 a town beautification program is to be developed by June 2014. This program will focus efforts on the CBD streetscape and town entry signage of the Shire's towns and hamlets.
Pictured right is the current western town entry to Tallangatta which will be redeveloped during 2014. Below is an example of a possible design submitted to Council for consideration.
Some of the other activities listed in the Council Plan that will improve streetscapes, Shire and town amenity include:
- Development and implementation of an asset management plan for parks and gardens inclusive of trees-of-significance to ensure their longevity;
- Delivery of a footpath replacement and extension program for strategic community links;
- Development of an asset management plan to ensure our large network of roads, bridges, buildings, playgrounds and community facilties are maintained to the highest possible standard within Council's resource constraints;
- Proactively respond to customer requests relating to streetscape issues;
- Continuing to work with Vic Roads to ensure our road network is maintained to the best possible standard given available resources; and
- Ensuring all capital works undertaken are properly designed, specified and estimated with all necessary planning and environmental approvals in place.