- New Development
- Upgrades to Existing Facilities
- Community Master Plans
- Feasibility Studies
- Completed Projects
Walwa Community Recovery Centre
The Walwa Community Recovery Centre is funded by the National Disaster Recovery Grant Scheme ($250,000) and Towong Shire Council ($90,000). It is a direct result of Council's recreation reserve masterplanning project.
The Centre is stage one of the overall proposed Walwa project and aims to support the local community, volunteers and emergency management capabilities from a centrally located, state-of-the-art facility. It encompasses a meeting space, large catering facility, disabled toilet, baby change room and an equipment store.
Stage two of the project addresses the sporting and recreational amenity required by the Walwa Football and Netball Club and Tennis Club. By providing a new and modern facility, increased participation rates in sporting and social activities will support the health and wellbeing of the Walwa community which has endured a range of access, social and economic hardships over the past decade.
The project delivers:
- A central community space
- Suitable storage for emergency equipment
- A facility from which programs can be run to develop community resilience
- Minimisation of risk in emergency situations by providing a safe haven
- Improved social capacity and connectedness
- Strengthening of community and stakeholder partnerships
Works commenced in early January 2014 by Barton Street Developers and finished in May 2014.