Facilities & Services
Community Sports Infrastructure Fund
Expressions of Interest now open
The Community Sports Infrastructure Fund is a Victorian Government funding program that helps provide high-quality, accessible community sport and recreation facilities across Victoria by encouraging:
- Increased sport and recreation participation for all Victorians
- Increased female and junior participation
- Increased access to sport and recreation opportunities
- Better planning of sport and recreation facilities
- Innovative sport and recreation facilities
- Environmentally sustainable facilities
- Universally designed facilities
The Community Sports Infrastructure Fund provides grants for building new, and improving existing facilities where communities conduct, organise and participate in sport and recreation. Funding may be available under the following categories:
- Minor Facilities - Grants of up to $100,000 to develop or upgrade local sport and recreation facilities
- Female Friendly Facilities - Grants of up to $100,000 to build new or upgrade existing change rooms to prioritise female participation
- Cricket Facilities - Grants of up to $100,000 to develop or upgrade cricket facilities
Please refer to Community Sports Infrastructure Fund | Sport and Recreation Victoria for further information on the Community Sports Infrastructure Fund, categories of funding and eligibility criteria.
Community organisations are invited to submit an Expression of Interest to Council (as attached) for potential projects by 9.00am Tuesday 29 September 2015.
Council will consider Expressions of Interest on Tuesday 6 October and will identify projects that will be invited to submit a funding application to the Community Sports Infrastructure Fund. Final funding applications close 29 October 2015.
Please note, should your Expression of Interest be unsuccessful in this round, your project details will be keep on file for future grant funding consideration. Also, priority will be given to Council planned priorities.